Thursday, May 7, 2009

Almost Done!!!

I'm *almost* done with school!!!!! 6 classes down.... 1 left! This past week, I have written 4-30 page reports, 3- 5 page essays and done numerous assignments and projects. I have been completely burried in school work for the past week and a half. I just finished my last essay final, which was very difficult for me to write... I am so mentally drained that I had an extremely difficult time putting clear thoughts together. I have one final left, but it is not due until next Thrusday, so I will study for it next week.. I cannot handle anymore school work right now.

For those of you who don't know how difficult school has been for me, I will inform you on the numbers.... full time status is 12 hours. I took 21 hours this semester. What this means is... if I were in regular classes (not online) I would attend 21 hours of classroom lecture every week. In addition, I would be responsible for reading, doing assignments, and studying at home. Thus, because I am not in classes that I attend lectures, those 21 hours of lecture every week, I am responsible for teaching myself and still responsible for doing the additional reading, studying, assignments, etc. It has been a very overwhelming and stressful semester for me. However, so far I know that I have earned 5 A's!! Because I took so many courses this semester, it has allowed me to not take summer school so that I can adjust to having 2 children, and also take an easier school load in the fall. it has been rough, but well worth it.

Well, now I am off to pack our bags for the beach! Kyle should be home soon and as we are all packed, we will be leaving! I am very excited to have nothing to do but have fun with Colton. We bought Colton a Spider Man fishing pole the other night and he has been biting at the bit to play with it. We also bought him a Diego lifejacket, which he calls a backpack, lol! So, we will attempt to take him somewhere and fish (well, pretend to..... Not sure how well that rubber fishy will work! ha!)

Have a great weekend and I will post pics when I return!

p.s. Thanks for letting me ramble about school. I am just so proud of myself for not giving up. :) This is the first semester that I have stayed strong throughout the end, which is funny because it has been the most difficult having to self teach myself everything.

Chow! Adios! Ta ta!

2 comments:

August said...

Congrats on finishing school this semester and getting A's. Hope you have a great time with your hubby!

Unknown said...

I hope you guys have a great time at the beach... Maybe sometime we can take a girls weekend without kiddos or hubbys to relax by the ocean.