Tayler
Tayler went to the dr. yesterday for her "1 month" check-up. The dr. said there is unfortunately no accurate way to test for food allergies in children this young. The dr. recommended that if I have noticed allergic reactions to certain foods then to continue avoiding them. So for now i will be continuing an elimination diet (excluding all dairy and foods containing soy and milk proteins - almost all processed foods.) The doctor said that IF I wanted to switch her to formula, it would be very expensive since most are milk and soy based, both of which she is allergic to.
Tayler is still only sleeping about 2 hours at a time at night, about 2 hours between feedings. So, after feeding, diapering and pumping, I am lucky to get an hour of sleep before the next feeding. However, the other day she went 4 1/2 hours between feedings and yesterday took a 3 hour nap. I am hoping these are signs of good things to come soon!
Tayler is currently 5 weeks & 2 days old. She is now 9 lb 9 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. (She was 7 lb 4 oz and 20 inches long at birth.)
Below are pictures taken yesterday...



Colton
Colton has been a handful lately. Often, he wants to be a baby.. He frequently steals Tayler's pacifier to suck on it and has been very whiney lately. He has also not been wanting to listen and telling me "no" and rolling his eyes a lot. He has developed a little attitude. Potty training has also been very difficult. He knows when he has to go, but chooses to go in his pants and then tells me to change his diaper. I am not sure if his actions are a result of his age or there being a baby in the house, or both, but I am so exhausted and feel like I am at wit's end with what to do. I am praying things will get better soon. He likes to test me, especially when I am breastfeeding, because he knows I cannot get up to do anything. I just want me sweet little boy back. :( And I want him to poo-poo in the potty!!
Me
Overall, I am exhausted, mentally and physically. From not getting much sleep to having to deal with a toddler who thinks he is the boss, sometimes I just want to cry. I had no idea 2 kids would be this difficult.
I got a double stroller a few days ago so I have been going walking in the evenings with kids. I wanted to go in the mornings but I am way too tired to exercise in the a.m. So, we have been going in the evenings when it is not as hot. It has made me feel a lot better. I have really been able to relieve stress. My feet are not liking it, though. I am so used to wearing flip flops that I have developed blisters on my heels. I am hoping that after a week or so this will no longer be an issue.
Not only has walking helped relieve stress, but it has also allowed me to develop an evening routine. We eat dinner about 6pm and go walking close to 8pm. When we get back, I let Colton play outside. When getting dark, we come inside, I shower and then bathe both kids. After the kids are bathed, I feed Tayler one last time and then put them both to bed. It has been a while since Colton has been on a strict routine so I am hoping this is the beginning!
Well, that's our updates for now!
2 comments:
Hang in there it does get better, trust me. it will only be a few short months before Tayler is more independent (as far as babies go) and you can give your time more evenly. When Colton see's this he will get better with the jealousy.
I sure hope it gets better! I feel like I am losing my sanity and I am tired of always having to raise my voice
Post a Comment