Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I finally graduated from college!
This is something that I have been working towards, full time, for the past few years. I must admit, there were days that I wanted to give up. There were days that I felt like the stress and exhaustion just weren't worth it. But there are two special little people in my life that are worth it - my children. I need, and want, them to have the best life possible. I want them to know, when they get older, that sometimes life gets in the way but that doesn't mean we can't reach our dreams. So, a special thank you goes towards my two little ones - they were the ones that kept me going! (And for those people who said that getting pregnant at 20 would ruin my life - you were wrong!!)
Another special thanks goes to my mom. Without her support, it would have been extremely difficult to finish school.
And another special thanks goes to my husband, Kyle. Without him taking on the extra hours and being the sole provider for our family, I would not have been able to go to school full time. Also, there were many nights that he had to put up with me being cranky and stressed about exams and assignments.
I can now say, I have everything I ever dreamed of, and it's all in this picture!
P.S. I would also like to brag on myself and say that not only did I graduate, but I graduated Summa Cum Laude - the highest honor - with a 3.9 (out of 4.0) GPA! Oh yeah!!!!



5 comments:
I can't say it enough, congrats girl! you are such an inspiration, especially to me :)!
Congratulations Tammy!!! What you did was extremely difficult but you showed your children that if you want something bad enough then you will do whatever it takes to achieve it. Your children couldn't ask for a better role model. And then to graduate Summa Cum Laude. WOW!!!! You are one amazing person.
Rita - Fonda's La. Cousin
Tammy, I am so very proud of you and so very happy for you. What an achievement! What an example you are for so many! Much love- carol crouse
YEAH!!!! What an accompishment...Summa Cum Laude!!! So excited for you. Never, ever give up on your dreams...even when people say it will never work. Look at us, married when I was 16 and here we are 30 years later. A miracle, I tell you! I am just so happy for you!
so proud tammy!! so proud.
Post a Comment