Sunday, January 1, 2012

MAKING the time

I am not setting a resolution for this year, and I am especially not setting it as "lose weight." The past few years that has been my resolution and it has yet to happen.

As I previously posted, my GOAL for this year is make more time for ME.

(I cannot remember where, but I recently read a good quote....  A goal is a dream with a deadline.)

My goal for 2012 is to focus on me... this includes many aspects... health is #1 - I want to get in shape for medical and personal reasons. I also want to be more mentally calm. I spend so much time taking care of everyone around me that I forget to take care of myself. I want to read more, take more bubble baths, buy myself a surprise, etc.

So, today I started working towards this new goal - the health aspect of it. It was a tough day for me. At one point I had to ask Kyle to go to the gas station and get me some hard candy. He thought that was random and I told him I needed something to occupy me. He looked even more confused. I had to compare my weightloss attempts to his tobacco-loss attempts. I had to explain to him that I am a food addict and I needed to keep my mouth occupied so I wouldn't go snack. Honestly, it worked and the boredom cravings past. (I am emotional eater - boredom, stress, sadness, etc.)

Sooooo anyways, one of the biggest reason I have had a hard time with eating right lately is because I just don't make the time to plan. Jillian Michaels once said "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." So, tonight I decided to plan so I do not fail. It took quite some time to plan my meals and snack for tomorrow, but I did it. Hopefully it will get quicker and easier with time. But now that I am finished, I am so excited about how organized I am. :)

An inside view of my lunchkit for tomorrow:

I LOVE Chobani greek yogurt and now they make it in kid size! That's it in the back right. I cannot eat cottage cheese by itself but I do like the cottage doubles - front right. I have my grapes in the middle and on the left is the fixings for my turkey burger.

Below is everything for tomorrow, except dinner.

Here I have my banana and cream of wheat laid out for breakfast and my whole wheat flat bread for my turkey burger. YUM!

Honestly, I am really excited to finally put me in the front of the line of importance.

This was such a silly post so if you read it, thanks!

2 comments:

Robin said...

no post is silly...it's where you are at this moment...way to go...i'm hoping to make changes in 2012 as well....

Fonda said...

These last three posts could have been mine...except for the part about actually making a plan. Though I am sitting here to try and begin the process. May the Lord richly bless you with peace and strength this year!