Thursday, March 26, 2009

Adjusting...

It is 6:51am and I have been up for about an hour now. I am not used to ever seeing the clock read this time in the morning. On most days, Colton and I sleep til about 10, sometimes 11am. Toddlerhood has been great lately because Colton will almost always sleep in with me. I have been so exhausted lately that it works out great. For some time now, I have known that we need to get on a strict routine like he had when he was in daycare, it has just been so hard to wake up early! However, today is a new day! I woke up early today to fix Kyle's lunch for him for work. He has either not been eating or he eats out for lunch, which the 1st is very unhealthy and the 2nd is just getting expensive. So, when Colton and I went grocery shopping yesterday (which by the way, was a large task! Kyle and I always go shopping together. OMG never again will I go alone!! It was so hard occupying Colton and pushing a full basket with a 30 pound child in it! I was sweating so bad after getting out of the store and loading the car, not to mention my abs were sore from pushing such a heavy basket! Who knew grocery shopping could be such a workout!?) So anyways, I got stuff to fix Kyle's lunch for him so he atleast eats, or doesn't spend money doing so. So when the lights came on in the house this morning, Colton was up right behind me. I thought I could get up, fix Kyle's lunch, and then go back to bed. I was wrong. I'm sure I could get Colton to go back to bed with me if I wanted, but I think it's good we start getting up early and start eating and napping at the same time every day. However, I AM SOOOOO TIRED!!!! I am not used to having 5 extra hours in the day that I just don't know what to do. I could do school work, but my eyes are way to heavy for that! I could sew, but my mind is way too tired to focus! I could clean, but I have no energy for that! So, I just don't know what to do with myself being up this early. So, for now I will watch cartoons with Colton....

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is why I don't feel guilty on the rare occasion I do get to sleep in... I know I would be watching cartoons with Brooke until that time anyway!