Below are pictures of him on his first day of school! (This is the school t-shirt that he has to wear until their uniform polos come in.)
The school that he is at is not like a daycare. It is VERY structured as if he were in kindergarten. He is in a class with students who are all the same age (who will start kindergarten in 2 years.) They have "quiet time" every day for about 45 minutes. They can rest or read as long as they are quiet. Sometimes the teacher reads to them while they rest. They have cots that are stacked in the classroom and during quiet time, the teacher spreads the cots out. They can have pillows in blankets if they would like. I wanted Colton to have something of his own from home as a security. Of Course I wanted him to be a "cool kid" as well, so I made him a blanket and a pillowcase for a travel size pillow. We went to Hobby Lobby and Colton picked out what kind of blanket he wanted. He wanted McQueen from "Cars." Below are pictures of the pillow and blanket that I made for him.
He is very attached to this blanket and pillow. He hates having to leave them at school during the week. I think I may have to make him a set for home. Below is a picture of Colton using his pillow and blanket before school started. (On the weekends when we bring them home to wash them, he HAS to sleep with them.)
Having Colton gone during the day definitely makes it VERY quiet around here. Tayler is not herself while he is gone and does not play nearly as much. She is much more clingy when it's just the two us. They are both so excited to see each other when Colton gets out in the afternoon. He has already learned so much and is so excited about going to school!
We are still trying to get adjusted to waking up early. We are also still working on the drop-off and pick-up routines. When I drop him off, he is so shy, latches to my leg and hides behind me. When I go to pick him up he is the complete opposite - he hides from me so he doesn't have to go home!
6 comments:
You have such a talent for crafty things... just like your mom!
thanks :) It was the first time I have made a pillow case but it was surprisingly pretty easy.
my boy is growing up so fast...
Preschool? Already? I can't believe he is that old! But he sure looks happy about it, which is a blessing for you.
And, I may need to talk to you about a couple of blankets for Christmas...if you have the time with school going on too! It looks so cozy!
I love it that Tayler misses her big brother during the day! So sweet!
Colton is so handsome! I am glad he is enjoying pre-school....mine always did. The kids really learn a lot which helps them when they start kindergarten. Love the blanket and pillow---you are amazing! Carol C
I might have to have a pillow/blanket for Christmas also! Charley loves the "Cars" as well - so I am putting my order in now! ha!
I can't believe Colton is in school - so glad he loves it!
Post a Comment