I don't know what it is about me, but I love a true story, especially suspense. My most favorite movies are the true story lifetime movies. I don't know why, but knowing they are based on events that actually happened makes me so much more interested. I also follow stories on the news and when they are turned into movies, such as the Natalie Holloway and Amanda Knox stories. (Natalie Holloway is the teen who went missing in Aruba on her senior trip - she has yet to be found. Amanda Knox is the American student who was found guilty for murder while studying abroad. She was recently retried and found not guilty.) Stories like these, for whatever reason, intrigue me.
I am so used to reading to learn and reading nonfiction (true) books. Maybe this is why I like true stories. Maybe not. Either way, I like a true story.
Another story that I followed on the news was the finding of Jaycee Dugard. I can't remember the exacts, but she is the girl who was kidnapped and held captive for approximately 18 years. (I can't remember the exact number.) She also birthed her kidnapper's children. I remember how shocked I was when I saw it on the news. I remember hearing about all the tips neighbors had sent in and police who "checked" the home. I was enraged at the fact that she could have easily been found if people who have taken better notice. I can imagine that her story is a tough one to learn about. I can also imagine how much of an amazing woman she probably is by surviving so many years of what I would consider a nightmare.
Thus, my next read is: A Stolen Life - A Memoir, by Jaycee Dugard.
1 comment:
wish I could read...you'll have to share when your done reading
Post a Comment