Sunday, March 1, 2009

I think there's an artist in the family...

So, Colton likes to color, A LOT! I don't ever remember wanting to color, but then again I may have been too little to remember. I think Colton may like to color more than he likes to watch TV, which is a great thing, just really surprising. It makes me wonder if he will be into art whe he gets older.

Yesterday I cleaned out some of the garage while Colton was at Gram's and came across an art station that Colton had received for Christmas but it got pushed to the side and forgotten about. So, I brought it inside and put it together for Colton yesterday evening. (He was freaking out the entire time saying "mine" and crying because I wouldn't let him play with it yet - I guess I just wasn't going fast enough for him!) Well, I had to pry him away from it last night to go to bed. Here is a picture from last night

So, the first thing Colton said when he came running into the bedroom today to wake me up was "Mommy, Color! Color!" All he wanted to do was color as soon as he woke up. So he did....


It really is a great toy. Now I have somewhere to put all of his coloring supplies and somewhere for him to put it all up when done! And hopefully now there will be no more coloring on the walls and carpet...

6 comments:

Robin said...

your just now putting taht out for him? Now if his daddy will just put together his birthday present then he'll have lots to keep him occupied...better yet...since you have all this energy, maybe you should put it together!

Unknown said...

Yeah,I forgot we had it. That's why his presents should come preassembled!

Oh, I am thinking about putting the playground thing together.. I think me putting it together is the only way it is going to get done.. Maybe I can get him to help when he gets home later.

Fonda said...

I love Colton's houseshoes! I am not brave enough for colors, so I give my grandbabies the wonder markers that only write on the special paper!

Unknown said...

well one good thing about just now putting up the coloring station out is that now it isn't lost in the excitement of the other toys from Christmas. I put a few of Brooke's presents away to bring out a month or two later because her birthday is so close to Christmas, i don't want her overwhelmed by toys now and bored with them in June.

Unknown said...

that makes sense, never thought about that! Colton's b-day is after Brooke's so that is something good to remember!

Brittany said...

hey tammy! I just saw your wedding pics on myspace, so gorgeous! Congrats!