Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bed Rest :(

Well, today I am 36 weeks pregnant and had my weekly check-up at the OB/GYN. Mom is out of town so Kelli was a life saver and watched Colton for me for a couple of hours while I went to the dr. I think playing with Brooke wore him out because he passed out in the car holding his hamburger. ha ha.

Well, I have officially been put on bed rest by the doctor.... I am already 1 cm dilated and have extremely high blood pressure, as usual. Thus, with the combo. I have to be on bed rest so I don't go into labor. I have to go back to dr. on either Monday or Tuesday and he will check dilation again and we will go ahead and schedule an induction while I am there. I am hoping to schedule it for Friday, but I will only be 37 weeks, which is considered full term, but not sure if he will make me wait til the following week or not. I have been battling back and forth on if I wanted to be induced or not but I think I am going to go ahead with it so that I can ensure that I have my dr. this time around (with Colton I had the on call dr.) and also because I am simply miserable and hurting and want her out! :)

Luckily, the baby room is finished and the clothes and bottles are washed. So, everything is ready for her. I got all of the bedrooms and bathrooms cleaned but still need to do the living room and kitchen. I was hoping to have the entire house really clean, not sure if that will happen now or not... I wanted it spotless so when we come home from the hospital, we come home to a clean relaxing home, not a messy stressful home. Hopefully I can get it done next week.

Well, Jenn, my sis, is on her way to pick up Colton. She offered to have Colton spend the night with her tonight. Colton and I were supposed to go swimming with her tomorrow but it looks like only Colton will be. :( Then tomorrow evening Kyle's mom will be picking Colton up around 6 and will keep him til Sunday sometime. Hopefully I can keep my blood pressure down with nothing to do. However, I am so used to being extremely busy that I have a feeling I am going to go crazy with not being able to do anything... I have a feeling Kyle will be going to get me movies or he will have to figure out how to hook up the phoneline to the tv so that I can order a movie on tv. :)

Well, have a great weekend. I will be in bed or on the couch miserable, dying to clean the mess around me.

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Bed REST...try to remember that second word! Don't stress, just relax, enjoy a movie or two (or three or four), take a nap and let it go. Keep us updated!

Jenn said...

anticipating her arrival!!! Can't wait to hear!!