Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!

Just wanted to share with everyone that I passed my state exam!!!!!!! To become a certified teacher, I have to take 2 state exams. I took the first one yesterday. There is a 5 hour time limit and I spent 3 1/2 hours. It was a VERY long morning. I felt very uneasy when I left. There was so many that I was unsure of or could not decide between 2 answers on. Luckily, my gut instincts paid off!

The test was scored 100-300, 300 being the highest score. Passing is 240. I got a 267! :)

These scores are public records and accessible to school administrators. I really wanted to pass the first time around so that when I am trying to get a job they would not see failing grades.

I do not have to have these tests passed right now. However, this is my last semester of courses. I will be student teaching in January and graduating in May. So, I do not want the stress of a state exam while student teaching. Also, I would really like to be state certified when I start student teaching so that I can start applying for jobs before I even graduate. It would be better for an employer to be waiting for my diploma than my certification. Or if I get lucky and the school I am student teaching at has an opening, they can hire me under contract right then. So, I am hoping to take my other state exam during the Christmas break so that all I have to do next semester is get through student teaching. '

So I am giving myself a big pat on the back right now!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Well done Tammy!! I'm so proud of you!

Fonda said...

So proud for you! Congratulations on the first bridge crossed toward your career!