Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a horrible week

We have had a not-so-nice stomach bug come through our house this past week.

Last Saturday night at about 10pm, Colton woke up and came to the living room very upset, covered in throw up. From then until 4am, I managed to do 5 loads of laundry - all his bedding. During those 6 hours, Colton got sick in his bed 5 times, so I was constantly rotating the 2 sets of bedding. He could not keep any food or juice down. The next day he seemed to be feeling better so we decided to run an errand, but I brought a bag with us just in case. Good thing because he got sick again. So, Saturday night until Sunday at about 5pm, he was sick. I kept him home on Monday from pre-school just to make sure it had passed and he wasn't contagious anymore. I guess I am more considerate than other parents because I heard other parents talking about how their kids were throwing up the day before. Don't people realize they should be well at least 24 hours to not be contagious? GRR. Colton is learning so much but sometimes I wonder if all the germs he is bringing home is worth it.

So, Monday was all good. Kyle is back on worker's comp because he is still having problems with his knee. So, I left him and Tayler asleep on Tuesday while I took Colton to school. When I got back, I could hear Tayler starting to make noises as she was awake. When I opened her door, I knew by the smell it would not be a good day. As I approached her bed, her and her bed were covered in bodily fluids. Tayler was sick until Wednesday morning. She was able to keep down food, unlike Colton, but no milk. I took a trip to the store to get some pedialyte on Tuesday and she and Kyle came with. (Kyle cannot handle throw-up. I swear, if men were the ones having babies there would be no babies! ha) So, Tayler got sick on the way to the store. :( Since it was Kyle's bright idea to take a family trip to the store, he got to clean the carseat. :) Luckily, she was able to hold down the pedialyte and recovered quickly.

The rest of Wednesday and Thursday were all good. Woohoo! The virus has passed! Well, not quite yet...

Friday night, about 10pm, I became very nauseous. I was sick all night until about 4am. It was awful. Yesterday, Saturday, I slept 4am-noon (8 hours), then 1-5 (4 hours) then 6-10 (4 hours) and then 12-9 this morning (9 hours.) I still have a very bad headache but luckily the virus has passed and I can now keep food down. The kids were also angels for Kyle and I did not hear them all day yesterday while I rested.

So, Kyle always being the one who catches things last, woke up this morning nauseous. He now has the bug and is resting between throwing up. Unfortunately, the kids are not being angels for me. I am recovering from being sick and still have a headache unlike any headache I have ever had before, so I am trying very hard to keep my patience. For some reason, the kids do not whien or cry with Kyle but with me that's all there is. So the crying and whining added with my headache added with how far behind in school work I am has made a pretty awful day so far. So, please keep me in your prayers today.

Hopefully after Kyle passes the virus it will all be over. We thought we were doing well disinfecting everything but I guess we will have to spray the entire house down with lysol since it is probably airborne.

So, we have had a stomach bug in our house for over a week now. Hopefully now that Kyle has it, it will all be gone.

Hoping for a better week this week!

Tammy

No comments: