Are you a fan of The Biggest Loser? I am! It is one of my favorite shows. It is amazing to me how people can lose so much weight just by eating properly and exercising.
Now that school is finished, I won't be super stressed out and exhausted all the time. I can start going to bed at a decent time and even have time to exercise! I feel like my life finally has time to welcome the challenge of losing weight. Even though I will still be in school next semester, things will be a lot different. I won't be sitting at home on my butt all day at the computer and going to sleep at crazy hours of the night. I will have a regular work-type schedule and I will be on my feet all day. I also won't be able to munch whenever I feel like it.
I feel like one of the reasons I have not been successful at losing it weight is because I never learned how to cook. There are a few things I know how to cook, but not much. I already have The Biggest Loser Cookbook but I wanted more options. So, I purchased a few new cheap cookbooks. As I have been looking through the ingredients on a lot of the recipes, I have noticed that a lot of them have similar ingredients and very few ingredients. I didn't know cooking could be so easy! So, I am really excited to start this new journey in my life next week.
Below are the cookbooks that I will be using to start this weight loss journey. (I purchased them from Amazon.com because they were much cheaper and also offered free shipping.)
This is the cookbook that I already had that I will be using:

Most of the recipes in this book (below) are for 4 servings, which is perfect for us. :) (I am going to try and get Kyle to eat healthy too... keyword: try :) )
I am especially excited about this book (below)!!! If you are a sweet eater like me, you can imagine why I am so excited!
I have not looked at this one yet but it is by the same author as The Biggest Loser cookbooks so I am hoping it will be good, and easy as advertised. It says it is for the super busy and that is going to be me in about a month when I start student teaching!
I never thought I would be so excited about cooking and eating healthy, I think because I never knew how to make healthy taste good and not be boring. I am going to try and plan menus for a week at a time and if possible prepare ahead, especially next semester, so that I don't have to do a lot when I get home.
1 comment:
You go girl! Good luck on meeting your goals!
Post a Comment