Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My 1st Quilt

A few months back, I decided that I wanted to make Tayler a quilt for Christmas. She LOVES blankets and has to carry one EVERYWHERE we go! but she doesn't have any big blankets. Now that it has been cold outside, I have had to cover her up at night with a throw blanket. I really wanted her to have a quilt but one that matches her pink and brown room.

Sometimes when I am looking for inspiration, I go to Google Pictures. That is what I did - I googled quilts. I discovered something called a rag quilt and knew this was what I wanted to do! Cute and fluffy, not boring like a lot of quilts. Below was the result, my very first attempt at making a quilt.



It has only been washed once so the more it is washed, the more freyed and fluffier it will get.

(her name is on the bottom right hand square)

Below: The backside of the quilt.

Skill Level: Easy

Time: A LOT


Colton's quilt coming soon...

3 comments:

Robin said...

very very cute! i know she'll love it!

Unknown said...

thanks! it's been hard keeping her out while I work on it! Colton is already bugging me for one... I told him I don't know if mommny will have time.... it will be a surprise on Christmas for him. :)

Fonda said...

Precious! Did you realize that we used several of those prints at her baby shower? I love it!