Monday, January 10, 2011

Morning Routine?

Today was a big day for our household. Today was Tayler's first day of preschool, so today was my first day of having to get everyone up, fed and dressed. Let's just say everyone was a little cranky this morning....

I have devoted this week to trying to get us in a routine. Next week I start student teaching and I don't want to try and figure everything out the first morning.

Last night I packed my lunch and snacks and that was a huge chore in itself. I will be home this afternoon but I wanted to try to start getting used to all of my new responsibilities.

This morning was a trial run and I realized we definitely need work! I am so used to taking Colton to preschool with Tayler and I in our pajamas and now Tayler and I have to be dressed! That's over an extra hour needed!

I definitely did not realize how out of a routine we were until this morning. I am hoping that the rest of the week can lead us into more smooth sailing. I thought that I would be able to exercise in the mornings but after this morning, I am thinking that is not going to work out so well...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know i dont have to go anywhere most mornings, but i have been trying to get dressed everymorning to start my day off right. I have figured out that it is easiest on me to take a shower at night so in the mornings i just have to put on my clothes, run the straightener through my hair and put on my make-up. I usually set brooke up at the table with cereal and milk and leave maddux in his crib until I am done so I dont have to worry about him getting into things.