Good News: After 12 days of a fever, Tayler is finally fever free. Her new antibiotics appear to be working.
Bad News: I took Colton to the doctor day. Last night, his temperature was 99.6. Although not a fever, higher than normal. He has been diagnosed with the flu as well. They had to run 2 tests on him because the first one appeared to be "borderline" so since I caught it early, he is able to be treated with the actual flu medicine. The doctor said she predicts he will be better by the end of the week.
I asked the doctor why it took nearly 2 weeks for him to get it from Tayler. She said "Good question. He didn't get it from Tayler." Apparantly he has been exposed to a different strain from someone else. He wasn't feeling too bad this morning but he is in pretty bad shape now. He NEVER takes a nap and he actually changed his clothes and got in bed on his own.
Summary of the past 2 weeks til now...
Tayler -"common" cold, pink eye, flu, ear infections, pneumonia
Colton - "commmon" cold, pink eye, flu
Kyle - sinus infection, ear infection, pink eye
Me - nasal congestion & runny nose, watery eyes (i.e. allergies)
Let's just hope I stay "lucky" and don't catch any of the craziness going on in my house!!
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. If Kyle misses any more work, it will not be good. If I miss any more student teaching, I imagine it won't be good.
Like I said before, when it rains, it pours. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment