It's hard to believe it has been nearly a month since I have posted! To be quite honest, I seldom get on the computer these days and when I do, it is usually to look up things for school.
This Friday, I will complete my first student teaching placement. I have been in first grade since January 18th. When I return after spring break, I will be in 5th grade math. It is such a bitter sweet feeling. I am excited to be in a math classroom and also experience the older kids, as well as be with a teacher who I have heard is great. However, I am very sad to leave my teacher who I have grown very close with, as well as the kids who I have gotten to know very well. I never imagined I would have such an amazing experience and such a wonderful mentor. The bar is definitely set for my second placement. ;)
I never thought I would like the young grades THIS much. I was worried that being around little kids all day and then coming home to little kids would be too much for me. I didn't think I had the energy for it. However, because I have little kids, I feel like I have the perfect personality and energy for those little ones. I would actually be excited to be in a young grade now! I was also terrified of teaching kids to read but it has actually come really naturally for me. Prior to January, I said I could never teach just reading and writing, I have to have math. I do not feel that any way. So, I am definitely curious to see if my feelings change about the older kids and math, which I think I love. :)
So that's it for now... gotta get in bed - 5am comes early!
p.s. I did not proofread before posting so please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment