Saturday, December 31, 2011

A new year, a fresh start.

One thing that I have realized, over time but more so recently, is I spend a lot of time worrying about everyone around me, taking care of them, meeting their needs, etc. I spend to much time making sure my kids, my husband, my students, etc. are taken care of that it leaves pretty much no time to take care of myself.

My resolution this year is to make more time for me.... to be able to have time to read for fun, to be able to have time to exercise, to be able to have time to eat breakfast, to have time to pack a healthy lunch, to be able to have time to take an hour long bubble bath.

One thing that I realized over this Christmas break is I am a busy person. I have been in school full time while taking care of 2 small children for the past several years. The past few months I have been swamped with being a first year teacher and trying to figure it out all on my own and still be there for my family. So, when I finally got 2 weeks, I really struggled. I spend the first few days moping around because I was so bored. I really realized how busy I am all the time.

So, this year I am hoping to have more calmness in my life and be able to make more time for me. If I don't take care of me, I won't be able to take care of anyone else.

What are you hoping this year brings you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My goal for the year is very similar to yours... take time for me. I know I am not nearly as busy as you are but with Matt's schedule it is often like I am a single mom. I have to learn to take time for myself, especially with another baby on the way. My goal is to do little thinks for myself again... take a walk without the kids, go get a pedicure, buy myself clothes when i need them. Nothing in excess just stop putting myself last all the time!

Unknown said...

Honestly, being a stay at home mom is just as hard, in a different way, as being a working mommy. When you are at home all the time, you get no time to yourself. When you work, you come home to kids who miss you. I understand both sides of it. I gained all this weight when I was at a home so I know how stressful and hectic it can be.