Yesterday I took my state certification exam. I studied SOOO much for it, but I should have not studied at all. It was a test that there is literally no way to study for. We were allowed 5 hours to take it and I spent right at 4 hours. There were 140 questions. I will probably get my grades by Wednesday, but I am pretty determined that I did not pass. I know several people who did not pass. If for some odd reason I did pass, then it's a miracle and because I luckily guessed good. It was just extremely hard. If I do have to take it again, I'm not sure what I will do because there is absolutely no way to study for it.
Today I have been cleaning all day. My goal for this weekend is to try to get as much of the house cleaned and organized as possible. Since Kyle and I will both be having busy days outside of the home, I want us to be able to come home to a clean home and feel relaxed, not more stressed about how much has to be done. Since the kids will not be home all day pulling out everything they have and I won't be cooking multiple meals at home, it should hopefully stay clean for more than just a day.
So far I have cleaned the living room and Tayler's room. My plan is to do away with the playroom and put all of the toys in the kids' rooms. We have slowly been doing away with the playroom. We moved a tv and kyle's xbox in there (I was tired of him sitting in the middle of the living room and us not able to watch tv) and the computer desk to the playroom. So now it's been 1/2 media room, 1/2 playroom. But the kids just don't really play in there. They bring all of their toys to the living room or they stay in Colton's room since he has such a big room.
This past week I had to wake up early on several days. I am going to have to wake up for student teaching much earlier than Kyle because my school starts an hour before his. Last week was rough, especially with getting woken up with Kyle's snoring all night. I need to make sure, at least for the first week, I am well rested. So, my goal is to try and move the toys out of the playroom and try to move an extra bed into it. That way, if Kyle is keeping me up, I can go to another room so that I am not exhausted for school. Also, if he is working til 11pm, I don't want him waking me up when he gets home when I have to wake up in just a few hours. So, we are going to use the playroom as a media room/guest room to help us transition into our new routines because we have already realized this past week that it is going to be a very rough adjustment for all of us.
Well, my break is up so I am off to do more cleaning! I have A LOT to do!
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Funny you should talk about cleaning...I am getting ready to do a 15 minute "Speed Elimination" in my kitchen for my "One Year to an Organized Life" project. Happy cleaning!
Post a Comment