I am on "Cloud 9" right now!!!!
Exactly one month ago, I graduated from college. This was such an exciting time to FINALLY be done with school but also a discouraging time. As most of you are aware of the current education budget cuts, graduating with a degree in education felt really useless. BUT I decided to stay hopeful and positive. I kept telling myself... If I am meant to be a teacher, I will find a position.
2 Saturdays ago, I attended a job fair. I stood in line for 3 hours. There had to have been 700 people there. Although everyone was applying for different campuses, it was still discouraging seeing how many people were looking for teaching positions. But, the next evening, I received a phone call for a job interview. I had an interview last Thursday. At the end of my interview, I was asked to come back for a 2nd interview. I had that second interview on Saturday. At that interview, I had to actually teach a lesson for the Principal.
Well, today, exactly one month after I graduated, I have received an offer to become a 3rd grade teacher for the next school year! This is a dream come true!!! I have always wanted a 3rd or 4th grade self contained class. (Self contained means you have 1 class all day, so you teach every subject.) But most schools have started switching teachers in 2nd grade. I obtained a 3rd grade self-contained position, the position that is unheard of but I thought of as my "dream position."
So many people have told me I might not get a job until October, until all the student enrollments are official and schools see how many teachers they need. It was so nervewracking thinking I might not get a job or who knows when it will be. I was so stressed about having to spend all summer applying and trying. I am so relieved that I can now spend all summer knowing I have a classroom waiting for me! I am so happy right now I could cry!!
3 comments:
Congrats Tammy!!! You are very lucky. Most teachers around here, new and the ones switching schools, have to wait until about a week or two before school starts to find out if they have been hired. I know your family is very proud of all that you have accomplished.
Rita (Fonda's cousin)
I am so happy for you the Lord does give us the desire of our hesrt. You have certainly worked hard to achieve your dream position. PTL. Breathe,relax and enjoy summer. I am so proud of your honors and GPA.
A big congratulations, Tammy! You are very fortunate indeed since so many new college graduates are unemployed. To have a self-contained class, that is awesome!
Again, Congrats!
Post a Comment