Sunday, June 19, 2011

New found Talent!

So this past week I have been working on what theme I want for my classroom. I have decided on a jungle theme. There are so many things I need, and want, and schools don't supply anything "extra" such as decorations. So, I have been trying to think of ways that I can make everything instead of buying premade items.

I have never thought of myself as an artist. I was never good at drawing. But I really want jungle animals in my classroom, so I decided to try.....

I have completely surprised myself! I printed a clip art picture Simba from the Jungle Book. I decided to see if I could draw him free hand by looking at the picture. Below is my finished project.



He is the size of a large poster board. I will eventually cut him out and laminate him. Note: This was not drawn using a projector or tracing it. I did everything freehand by looking at the picture.

This project was so fun and relaxing. I can't wait to start the next one! Oh, and did I mention how cheap this was!? A 30 cent poster  board, 1 marker and a few colored pencils.

Today I discovered a talent that I never knew I had!!

(oh and tayler got the edge with purple crayon. let's just say she was a very lucky girl for getting it outside of the lion lines... :) )

1 comment:

Kristen Drake said...

I love all your drawings! they are so beautiful! You are very talented!