This is how I have felt for about the past year, the time period that I have put on most of my weight. 

Last night I was watching Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and the girl on the show was 21 years old and was very successful at everything she did, especially academics. She was such an over achiever in every aspect of her life, except for weightloss. She reminded me soooo much of myself. Why I can accomplish every goal except for losing weight? One reason is because I am an emotional eater: sadness, anger, boredom, happiness, etc.... I eat. One thing I am currently trying to focus on is what triggers me to eat and figuring out a way I can stop it. Last night I was so bored and wanted to eat just to give me something to do. So, I caught that urge and as much as I did not feel like exercising, I took the dog for a walk and I felt sooo much better afterwards! The cravings were gone. :)
As you may or may not know, The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows. It is amazing to me how people can lose so much weight by just diet and exercise. I just found some before and after pictures of some of my most favorite and inspirational past contestants.
Olivia, this season's winner. Went from 261 lbs to 132 lbs (-129)

Hannah, Olivia's sis - runner up. Went from 248 to 128 lbs. (-120)
Rebecca, season 2009 at home winner. (Lost 139 pounds)

If these girls can look this great after losing that much weight, then I want to look like them!

3 comments:
Me too! I have been hiding behind the thought that they are all young (like you) and that it isn't that easy when you are my age...but then this year's at home winner blew that thought right out of the water!!!
I know!! Deni! I was soo shocked! I tried looking for a before/after pic of her like these that I posted and I could not find one anywhere. She lost soo much weight and she is 59!! You can do it!
I know!! Deni! I was soo shocked! I tried looking for a before/after pic of her like these that I posted and I could not find one anywhere. She lost soo much weight and she is 59!! You can do it!
Post a Comment