Sunday night I purchased a book to read on my kindle. In it, the author discusses how not everyone's body is the same. Not everyone's metabolism is the same. And basically by figuring out the type of body you have, you can figure out the type of metabolism you have.
So, it gives you a series of questions to answer. If you agree with them, you check them off. Then after all the questions are completed, it puts the questions into 6 different groups. You then go and circle the numbers of the questions you checked and this allows you to see how many in each are checked. Ultimately this gives you your body type. I did figure out my body type and learned that I should not be eating watermelon as it is full of sugar and my metabolism is so low that my body spends it's energy burning sugar, not fat. Well guess what? I ate watermelon EVERY day last week! I wonder if this why I only had a 1 pound loss?
Moving on.... when you find out your body type, there is a warning.... if you have 2 answers checked in group 6, you could have low blood sugar, aka hypoglycemia. If you have 5 or more answers checked, you may be very hypoglycemic... consult a physician. Well, I checked 7 out of the 8.
I did some research and found a lot of symptoms that I have had in the past few months..
- extreme nervousness and sometimes panic attacks. (I did actually have a mild panic attack. I thought it was just stress and anxiety but I looking back, I did not eat breakfast that morning and was very hungry.)
- feel very hungry after exercise
- tingling of the skin (I get very bad tingles in my fingertips.)
- hunger pains
- sick/dizzy feeling when you are late to a meal
- profuse sweating
- night sweats (hypoglycemia can occur at night since you go long periods without food.)
- nightmares
- extreme sleepliness (after eating certain foods)
Touching on the last one, extreme sleepiness. On Sunday, Kyle and I went out to breakfast with the kids and the family of someone he works with for Father's Day. I have designated Sunday as my day "off" from dieting. I ate more bread products than usual, as well as orange juice. When we got home at about 10:15, I felt extremely tired. This was weird to me because I had gotten a full night of sleep. I told Kyle I was going to lay in bed for a few minutes and rest. At 2:30 I woke up and forced myself to get out of bed. I felt like I could have slept several more hours. I did some research and read that this is very common in people who are hypoglycemic. (I won't go into the details as to why.)
So, I have a doctor's appointment set for Thursday morning. I am going to have a physical and have blood work done. They told me to fast that night and morning. So, basically from the time I have dinner to the time of my appointment will be about 14 hours. I am actually nervous about passing out because I usually feel hungry sick 30 minutes after waking up. This may be nothing or it could be something. Either way I am going to get answers and guidance.
Tammy
2 comments:
I am so glad that you are going to follow through with a doctor. As you may know, Mrs. Stacy struggles with this very issue and I know that making those small changes to her diet has helped her cope with it much better than when she didn't know what was causing it. Always, always, always fight for your own health. If this doctor doesn't answer your questions, go to another one.
How did the doctor's appointment go?
Post a Comment