** I decided that I am going to do weekly weigh-ins on Sunday instead of mid-week. It is the start of a new week for me so I am going to weigh-in on Sundays to know how my previous week's efforts were.**
Previous weight-loss: 21 pounds (Over the past year)
+
This week's weight-loss: 2 pounds
=
Total weight-loss: 23 pounds
49 pounds left to goal weight
My thoughts:
I must admit, I was a little disappointed to see I only lost 2 pounds this week since I have exercised almost every day. My husband gently reminded me of all the popcorn I ate at the beginning of the week. He is right.. I ate a lot of it. I also melted butter and poured it on top. The beginning of the week was very challenging for me. I went from 1 extreme of never having enough time to do everything that I need to do (working) to the opposite extreme - not working and having more than enough time. I found myself very bored and not sure what to do. So, I popped popcorn and watched a lot of tv. I do feel this where my weightloss for the week was derailed. Now I know better.
This week I exercised a lot. I actually enjoy exercising. It almost feels like a part of me is being freed. I feel like there is an athlete deep down in me just waiting to emerge. Towards the end of the week, I actually wanted to wake up and go exercise instead of forcing myself to go. It has also helped establish a routine for me. One thing I was afraid of with being off from work the entire summer was that I would get lazy, sleep a lot, eat a lot and just get into a rut.... and gain weight. This is my 1st week off and even though it started off rocky, I have made sure to quickly fix it so I do not start a bad routine.
On Saturday I took a class called Body Pump. In the past, I have seen people do it but I was too afraid for fear of not knowing what to do. Well, at the gym on Saturday, they were doing class after class because every 3 months they reintroduce them. So, I decided to attend one. Honestly, it kicked my butt. I was panting. I was dripping sweat. I had to modify some moves. But you know what? I hung in - the entire hour! And when I was done, I felt so good about myself. I was so proud that I made it through the entire workout without walking out (which I wanted to do many times.) I used to do exercise classes when I was a member of the YMCA 2 1/2 years ago. I forgot how much I love exercise classes. I see other people in there and it helps push me. I don't want to give up because I feel like people are watching me (even though I'm sure they aren't.) And it is fun! I am hoping to be brave enough to try out some other classes. I even get my mom (who also joined the same gym) to go with me to one today. :)
I have also started swimming laps. I used to be a lifeguard in high school and I would swim laps every day I worked. I remember back then how much weight I loss by swimming. So, I have started swimming again. It is nice to jump in the pool and not hear anything - no kids, no talking, no one calling me "mommy" or "Mrs. Sheard", no music. Just the sound of the water. I have realized sometimes I just need silence.
As far as eating, like I previously posted, I am not counting anything and I am not journaling. I am just trying to make good choices... lean meat, whole grains, greek yogurt, lots of fruit and veggies, etc. Dinner has always been something I hate... Kyle and I are very different eaters. So, I make something and he doesn't like it or I fix what he likes and I gain weight. Well, now that Kyle works nights, he is here during dinner time but he rarely eats (he doesn't like eating before work.) So now I only have to worry about the kids and I. Lately, I have liked quick and easy. I don't like cleaning plates plus pots and pans. So, below are some of my favorite items.
I LOVE the Healthy choice steamable meals. (I do not like the regular ones - only the steamables.)
There are also a few Lean Cuisine ones I have started trying that I like too. The potstickers have a little kick to them but they are soo good. I especially like the pizzas.
I LOVE cream of wheat. The original (plain) isn't that great but what I do is mash up a banana and sprinkle some cinnamon and then it is very good. :)
And I also enjoy a smoothie made with skim milk. Only 110 calories and so delicious, especially on these hot days! The package makes 2 so I usually make myself 1 and split the other with the kids.
Wishing you a wonderful week and much success!
Tammy




1 comment:
You go, girl! How very awesome!!! Looking forward to your next post!
Post a Comment