Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In

Previous (over the past year): - 21 lbs
June 3: - 2 lbs
June 10: -3 lbs

This week: -1 lb

Total weight loss = 27 lbs

45 pounds left until I reach my goal.

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
- Paulo Coehlo

I read this quote on Friday. It reminded me of some things I went through this week. This week, I worked out really hard. I worked out for longer periods of time than ever before. I was so shocked at how much I could do if I just pushed myself. However, I made a few poor food choices. For some reason when I work out more, I eat more. I don't know why I do this. I know that this will only make me maintain my weight. If I exercise more, I have to eat less to lose. So why do I eat more? I don't know. Maybe I really am afraid of failure so I just help myself speed up the inevitable. But then I know this is the most motivated I have been about weightloss in the past few years. I know I have food addictions that I have to get over. Food is comfort for me.. for happiness, sadness, bordeom, etc. I have to figure out a way to get over this and try very hard to not do this anymore. I have to find a way to believe that I am NOT going to fail this time. I say it and a part of me does believe it but then the other part of me thinks about ice cream, pizza, mexican food and I doubt if I really am going to be able to do this. I was disappointed to only see 1 pound lost but 1 pound lost is better than 1 pound gained. Hoping that I can go into this week with more inner strength and not allow temptations to tempt me.

Wishing you and me both a great, successful week!

Tammy

2 comments:

Stacy said...

you can do it - one day at a time! :)

Fonda said...

One pound is great! That is one less pound you have to carry around every day. I am so proud of you for pushing yourself to work out harder than you ever have before. That is a great accomplishment! Choose to celebrate the victories and it will become easier to make the right food choices.

And yes, you can repeat all of these things to me later! LOL!