I have never really been an avid reader. I cannot remember ever reading when I was younger. In high school I usually purchased the Cliff Notes for reading assignments. Now that I am adult, going to the library scares me. It is so huge. How do you know how to pick out a book when there are so many?
I am so used to reading nonfiction books the past few years from basically educating myself from being in online classes that I really haven't had time to even think about reading for "fun".
This last semester I did read A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard. However, this can almost be classified as nonfiction because the author wrote about her own life and the events during the time she was held in captivity. Although this book was very dark and sad, I really enjoyed it.
I have really been wanting to read lately, especially since I have nothing but time and nothing much to do. I have heard a lot of people talk about 2 different books... The Hunger Games and 50 Shades of Gray. By looking at the reviews online, The Hunger Games is a hit. So, I purchased it at Wal-Mart on Wednesday evening.
As of this evening, I have completely finished reading it. Can you believe it? I don't ever read and I read a 400 page book in 3 days. I could not put it down. Each chapter had a cliff hanger and I was left dying to know what will happen next. This book was also on the dark side but very intriguing. I have had a mentally difficult week full of lots of stress and anxiety. Curling up on the couch to read has really calmed my mind. It is has only been a few hours since finishing The Hunger Games and I am already dying to know what happens in the next book. I had planned on purchasing it next week, but I can't wait. This is when having a kindle comes in handy... at the click of a button I have the book in my hand. So, I am excitedly off to begin the second book in the series...
P.S. As a teacher I now know first hand why so many kids hate to read.... they aren't reading things that are interesting to them!
Tammy


2 comments:
Great minds think alike! I am getting the Nook loaded up with the last two books for the lake house next week. Have FUN reading.
I finished Catching Fire all on Saturday. I could not put it on... now onto the 3rd one. Happy reading and vacation!
Post a Comment